Updated: 1 April 2021
Due to the latest Covid outbreak, there are a few changes we’ve had to make to the way you enjoy the club:
The Queensland Government has mandated that face masks be worn in any indoor space in Queensland where it is not possible to socially distance. Please note, you do not need to wear a mask if seated whilst eating and drinking, although you must when seated at a gaming machine.
You must also wear a face mask while entering, exiting or moving around the venue. This includes all children over the age of 12 years and extends to Southport Sharks, Mantra at Sharks and Sharks Fitness Centre.
In line with restrictions, the capacity for Southport Sharks is 900 people.
Please note due to current Queensland Government restrictions, dancing is prohibited until further notice and patrons must remain seated when eating and drinking.
For more general information in regards to these restrictions please see the below link https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status/urgent-covid-19-update
We thank you for your continue support and look forward to seeing you soon.
COVID-safe guidelines for Southport Sharks
In line with government guidelines and the Approved COVID-Safe Plan for the Queensland Hotels and Club, please find our guidelines.
- Cashless payment preferred in all outlets
- All guests and visitors to sign in as per normal club requirements.
- Walk in’s available subject to capacity allowances
- Sports will be playing on the big screen in the main club
Hygiene and Sanitation guidelines
During this time, our members’ health, safety and well-being is very important to the team. To ensure our venue is operating in line with the stringent new government health department protocol, the team had previously prepared the club for re-opening. This involved a deep clean with a hospital-grade sanitiser, fogging of all public areas and implementing new cleaning and sanitising of all frequently touched surfaces. In addition, all staff have completed COVID-safe training to ensure a safe visit for members and their guests.
When visiting Southport Sharks, we request patrons follow the below practices:
- Sanitise hands upon arrival and at regular intervals
- Wash hands for 20 seconds
- Cover coughs and sneezes with elbow or tissue
- Dispose of used tissues immediately into a rubbish bin
- Maintain social distancing of 1.5 metres, using signage and floor markings as a guide.
- Entry will not be permitted to a person displaying any symptoms of sickness
In August 2020 we’ve introduced enhanced measures, which include:
- Hygiene Officers present in the venue (identifiable by their hi-vis vests)
- Implementation of a swipe out kiosk
- Regular announcements over the PA to all members and guests in the venue
- Social distancing, hygiene and remain seated reminders
- Additional cleaning of gaming machines and dining tables
- Increased communication of COVID safe practices
COVID Safe Event Terms & Conditions
At Southport Sharks, we provide COVID Safe Events and we request your assistance in ensuring a safe event for all.
- Notice to all patrons to not enter the venue if they;
- are unwell
- have been in close contact with a known case of COVID
- have COVID-19 symptoms
- have travelled overseas in the previous 14 days or
- have been to a declared COVID-19 hotspot in the previous 14 days.
- A group booking can sit together
- In the event that the venue is forced to closed due to COVID restriction imposed by the Government and event is cancelled, all tickets will be refunded
- If you are feeling unwell and cannot attend the event for any of the above reasons a refund will be provided
- Capacity restrictions apply to all events
- All guests are to register as they enter and exit the club for the event. If the guest is not a member, consider signing up prior to the event to assist with a faster entry