The Southport Australian Rules Football Club Limited (“Southport Sharks” or “Club”) is committed to the protection of the individuals’ right to privacy in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 as amended (Cwth) (the “Act”) and the Australian Privacy Principles (“APP’s”). We, therefore, undertake to act with integrity at all times when dealing with personal information entrusted to this organisation. We will ensure that any personal information provided will be reasonably protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, and will be maintained by us in an accurate, complete and up to date manner, and in a secure environment.
Collection, use and Disclosure
Southport Sharks collects only personal information (other than sensitive information) that is necessary to carry out its functions and activities. Such personal information will relate solely to the members of Southport Sharks, or to individuals who have regular contact with the organisation in relation to its activities.
Southport Sharks may collect your personal information through the following interactions:
- Use of our website
- Access to our WiFi services within our facilities
- Conversations with our team members
- Communication with us (email, telephone, direct mail etc.)
- Bookings in our restaurants or hotel
- Interact with us during gaming play, purchases, promotions, competitions, or special events
- Website newsletter sign up
- Membership application
- Employment forms in relation to the recruitment and selection process (for the purpose of assessment).
Southport Sharks collects your personal information in order to facilitate the following actions:
- Provide products and services
- Relationship development
- To communicate products, services, competition results, special offers, promotions and events that might interest you
- Answer questions and respond to feedback
- Create orders, transactions, invoices or receipts
- Arrange for pick-up, or arrange delivery of items
- To assess your suitability for employment at Southport Sharks if you are applying for a role.
Personal information may be provided to outside service providers (e.g. mail houses), but will not be sold to anyone. All reasonable steps are taken to ensure that outside service providers only handle personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Anonymity and Consequences
Provision of personal information is voluntary, but if this information is not provided, the Club may not be able to provide individuals with certain products or services.
Membership Loyalty Program
Participation in the Club’s Membership Loyalty program requires that membership cards be swiped at point of sale, or inserted into gaming machines. In this manner, points are collected and discounts received. Each time a card is used, we will collect data regarding the relevant transaction. This data is used to offer rewards for loyalty, and to provide information regarding usage of our products and services
Website usage information
When visiting Southport Sharks website, our web servers will automatically record information that your browser sends. This data may include:
- Your computer’s IP address
- Date and time of visit
- Browser type used
- Web page you were visiting before you came to our site
- The pages within Southport Sharks website you visit
- The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on our site, access times and dates, and other statistics. This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our site and the services and products we provide. This data will not be used in association with any other personal information.
The statistics package collates the data into information for use in understanding the usage patterns of visitors to the website but does not identify any individual user during this process.
The Southport Sharks website utilises cookies. These are small text files that are automatically placed on a user’s computer. Cookies themselves do not personally identify users, although they do contain a unique identifier which allows the website to customise content based on a user’s previous selections, type of browser or type of computer.
Access and further information
Individuals have a right to access their personal information held by Southport Sharks. Information is also available regarding our Privacy Practices. Any enquiries in relation to these matters should be submitted in writing, addressed to Southport Sharks, P.O. Box 1610, Southport. Qld. 4215, or emailed to email@example.com,