Our Value // Local, Responsible & Sustainable
We aim to build a sustainable business over the long-term. Through our actions and business strategies, we strive to achieve a cleaner environment, be socially conscious and to conduct ourselves in an ethical manner. View a complete list of Southport Sharks values here.
Our corporate social responsibility falls under two categories: environment and community.
1. Preserving the environment
We are committed to proactively minimising our impact on the environment, to preserve and to protect our planet’s natural resources.
- To further reduce energy and water consumption
- Educate and inspire staff and guests to conserve and preserve;
- Address environmental challenges through innovative conservation initiatives including water conservation and recycling
- Using environmentally-friendly technologies
2. Supporting the community
We are committed to investing and supporting the community where we do business, with key consideration to promoting and growing the Gold Coast Health and Knowledge Precinct (GCHKP). Through Sharks Community Benefit Fund, we have been supporting initiatives funded through donations, fundraising and sponsorship since 2008.
- Gold Coast Hospital Foundation (including Emergency Accommodation Provider)
- headspace Southport
- Sharks Community Discretionary Fund
- Southport Sharks Junior AFL
- Education Programs (partnering with Griffith University and Study Gold Coast)
- In addition, we are investing in a workforce that supports diversity and inclusion.
Southport Sharks Values
Corporate social responsibility initiatives
Find out more about Southport Sharks CSR initiatives undertaken to show local support and environmental awareness through efficiency projects and waste reduction. Also, below are some blog stories on projects.