Southport Australian Football Club (Southport Sharks) takes pride in its recognition as a leader within the Queensland Club Industry and as a provider of superior service standards to both members and guests who utilise our facilities.
Accordingly, the Club has initiated a number of policies to ensure the maintenance of those standards, and to safeguard the safety and well-being of not only those persons utilising our facility but the surrounding community as a whole.
Central to those initiatives is the Club’s Risk Assessment Management Policy, covering such matters as responsible service of alcohol, responsible provision of gaming services, security issues, legislative compliance and provision of services.
- An adult proof of age card
- Australian driver licence or learner permit
- Foreign driver licence
- Passport (from any country)
- Other recognised proof of age cards
Please note the ID document must be current and include a photo of the person and their date of birth.
A notice of required dress standards is provided in the main foyer for the benefit of members, guests and staff.
The following dress is NOT permitted at any time:
- Bare feet
- Clothing or footwear that is unduly soiled
- Clothing that is untidy or unsightly
- Clothing that is immodest
- Clothing displaying offensive, rude or illegal motifs and pictures
- Clothing displaying group or gang patches or insignia
- Male singlets. This includes sleeveless male tops.
- Male headwear unless it is to conform with religious custom, a medical condition or at an event or special occasion within the Club
- Sports caps (male or female)
The following dress is permitted until 6pm only:
- Clean and tidy workwear
- Inoffensive ladies training apparel
- Rubber thongs
Appearance must be clean, neat and tidy at all times.
Southport Sharks takes great pride in its reputation as a family-friendly environment, and it is opportune that we remind members and guests of the guidelines for use of the facility by children.
- The dress code above applies to all persons over 15 years of age
- Children under the age of 15 must be neatly and tidily attired
- For safety purposes, children of all ages must wear footwear at all times, in all areas of the Club, with the exception of Wobbygongs
- For safety purposes, football or studded boots are not deemed proper footwear for children within the Club
- Children not in the care of Wobbygongs staff must be accompanied by a responsible adult (25 years of age or older) at all times
- Children are not permitted in the Gaming room at any time
- Children under 12 are not permitted on the dance floor after the commencement of any live band/artist, with the exception of designated children’s nights.
- Children 13-18 are permitted on the dance floor after musicians commence playing on any night, provided that they are dancing alone with a single adult person, and under the supervision of a parent/guardian.
A full detailed outline of the Children’s Policy, which concerns both the General Club and Wobbygongs Kids Fun Zone, is available at Wobbygongs and can be downloaded via the following link – Children’s Policy.
The Southport Australian Rules Football Club Limited (Southport Sharks) is committed to the protection of the individuals’ right to privacy in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 as amended (Cwth) (the “Act”) and the Australian Privacy Principles (“APP’s”).
Therefore we undertake to act with integrity at all times when dealing with personal information entrusted to this organisation.
We will ensure that any personal information provided will be reasonably protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, and will be maintained by us in an accurate, complete and up to date manner, and in a secure environment.