Notice to Sharks Fitness Members regarding Coronavirus COVID-19
Update Monday 23 March 2020
Please be advised that in line with government regulations for COVID-19, Sharks Fitness Centre is temporarily closed from 11.30am on 23 March 2020 until further notice.
We understand you may have concerns about your membership and we can assure you all direct debit arrangements have been suspended. Any member who has paid in advance will have the lost time added to the end of their membership term. Unfortunately, we are unable to process any cancellations during our closure period, as Sharks Fitness Centre will not be staffed.
We take this opportunity to thank you for your patience and continued support of Sharks Fitness Centre and look forward to seeing you when we reopen. We wish you and your family all the best during this difficult time.
Sharks Fitness Centre Team
Updated Saturday 21 March 2020
Sharks Fitness management has been closely monitoring and regularly reviewing our approach, in line with the ever-evolving government recommendations surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We are focused on the fitness and well-being of our valued members and staffs during this time, and we will be taking measures to ensure your health and safety.
We understand how important exercise is in developing and maintaining an individual’s immune function and overall well-being.
What proactive practices Sharks Fitness Centre has introduced in light of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
While Sharks Fitness has always had strict hygiene practices and cleanliness standards in our fitness centre, we have implemented additional precautionary measures and will continue to review on a regular basis.
- Installed additional hand sanitisers throughout the gym floor, and in studios – please sanitise your hands regularly.
- Increased our sanitisation of all gym equipment, with our staff regularly cleaning equipment.
- Removed yoga blankets from the Mind and Body studio.
- Informed and educated our staff members and prepped them on increased hygiene standards.
- Staff have been instructed to sanitise and wash their hands before and after each interaction, and to stay at home if they are sick.
The preventative measure we have introduced to the fitness centre
From Wednesday 18 March until further notice the Creche facilities will unfortunately not be available.
SSH+F Trading hours
Monday to Friday 5am – 9pm
Saturday 6am – 6pm
Sunday 7am – 6pm
24/7 ACCESS FROM SUNDAY 22 MARCH 2020
Group Fitness classes changes
From Wednesday 18 March we will be reducing capacity in our Group Fitness studios in order to maintain social distancing as recommended by the government.
Please note this will be conducted on a trial basis at this stage.
- Participants will be required to sign-in for every class.
- Each sign-in register will be available to reception 30minutes prior to class. We suggest you arrive early for class to ensure your position.
If you arrive for class and it is at capacity, we ask that you please be understanding of the current situation. It is so important in these challenging times that we are supportive and understanding of both the situation and of each other.
We also ask our valued members to take the following precautions
- Please don’t visit the fitness centre if you are showing any signs of cold or flu, or are not feeling well.
- Remember to wash and sanitise your hands regularly
- Always use a towel when training
- Please wipe down all equipment before and after use.
It goes without saying this is a tricky time for us all. Please be assured we remain absolutely committed to doing everything we can to put the health and safety of Sharks Fitness Centre community first. We aim to ensure Sharks Fitness Centre remains open and operating in as safe an environment as possible.