At Sharks Fitness Centre we are entering Stage 3!
During this time, our members’ health, safety and well-being are very important to the team. To ensure our venue is operating in line with the stringent new government health department protocol, our team are focused on deep cleaning with hospital-grade sanitiser, and all staff have completed COVID-safe training to ensure a safe visit for all members.
Please see changes to our operation from Monday 6th July:
- We are no longer required to have zones, therefore no bookings are required for the Gym Floor
- Increased capacities for the Gym Floor and Group Fitness classes
- Increased overall number of classes
- All Mind/Body classes will be relocated back to the Mind/Body studio within the Fitness Centre
- Open Sundays 8am – 12pm from Sunday 12th July.
*Bookings for all Group Fitness classes will still apply
- All memberships will re-start from Monday 15 June, with billing re-commencing on your usual billing day. Billing days will vary– for example, if you are usually billed on a Friday, your first payment will be on the first Friday after we open.
- If you have paid upfront for your membership, your membership has automatically been extended by the same period as our closure.
- TO MAKE ANY MEMBERSHIP AMENDMENTS // CONTACT THE FITNESS CENTRE.
- The reception lounge area will be unavailable for use.
- Contactless payments only, no cash to be accepted.
- Members to scan in their own card on arrival.
- For classes held in the Events Centre, members must scan in at the Fitness Centre reception prior to going to the Events Centre.
- No keys, wallets, sunglasses or other items are to be held behind the reception desk while the member is using the facility.
- Water bubblers on the main floor will not be available throughout the gym. No water bubblers will be available for use. You can purchase water from reception for $3.
- Members will be required to sanitise their hands upon arrival.
- All equipment must be cleaned prior to and after use.
- A clean towel is a requirement of entering the gym. Consider bringing multiple towels if you are using multiple pieces of equipment.
Toilets, showers and lockers will be available for use from Monday, 6 July. Please note, water bubblers won’t be available.
- To ensure social distancing you will notice signage and floor markings to identify 1.5 metres distance between members for Group Fitness classes and gym floor areas.
- Please don’t visit the fitness centre if you are showing any signs of cold or flu, or are not feeling well.
Hygiene and cleaning
- We are scheduling 15-minutes between classes to allow members time to clean any equipment.
- A reminder to continue to practise good hygiene by frequently cleaning their hands. Hand washing should take at least 20 to 30 seconds. Wash the whole of each hand, covering all areas with soap before washing with water.
- The use of hand sanitiser is also recommended regularly.
- Frequently touched areas and surfaces will be regularly cleaned with wipes or disinfectant.
Sharks Fitness Centre open hours
View open hours updates here.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. We look forward to seeing you working on your health and fitness goals!