Sharks Fitness Centre COVID-Safe Guidelines
During this time, our members’ health, safety and well-being are very important to the team. To ensure our venue is operating in line with the stringent new government health department protocol, our team are focused on deep cleaning with hospital-grade sanitiser, and all staff have completed COVID-safe training to ensure a safe visit for all members.
Please see changes to our operation since the lifting of restrictions:
- Increased capacities for the Gym Floor and Group Fitness classes
- More Group Fitness classes
- All Mind/Body classes will be relocated back to the Mind/Body studio within the Fitness Centre
- Open Sundays 8am – 12pm
*Bookings for all Group Fitness classes will still apply
The Sauna and Boxing have now reopened as of Tuesday 11 August:
- Online bookings are essential for the Sauna
- Sauna is available during staffed hours only
- Maximum 1 person at a time allowed in the sauna, with a maximum time limit of 30 minutes
- Member must be sitting on a towel in the sauna at all times
- The sauna must be cleaned by the member after use, using the spray and paper towel provided. All surfaces must be wiped down
- All other sauna guidelines apply
- Memberships have been reinstated as of Monday 15 June, with billing re-commencing on your usual billing day. Billing days will vary – for example, if you are usually billed on a Friday, your first payment will be on the first Friday after we open.
- If you have paid upfront for your membership, your membership has automatically been extended by the same period as our closure.
- TO MAKE ANY MEMBERSHIP AMENDMENTS please contact the Fitness Centre.
- The reception lounge area will be unavailable for use.
- Contactless payments only, no cash to be accepted.
- Members to scan in their own card on arrival.
- For classes held in the Events Centre, members must scan in at the Fitness Centre reception prior to going to the Events Centre.
- No keys, wallets, sunglasses or other items are to be held behind the reception desk while the member is using the facility.
- Water bubblers on the main floor will not be available throughout the gym. No water bubblers will be available for use. You can purchase water from reception for $3.
- Members will be required to sanitise their hands upon arrival.
- All equipment must be cleaned prior to and after use.
- A clean towel is a requirement of entering the gym. Consider bringing multiple towels if you are using multiple pieces of equipment.
Toilets, showers and lockers are now available to use. Please note, water bubblers will still not be available for use.
- To ensure social distancing you will notice signage and floor markings to identify 1.5 metres distance between members for Group Fitness classes and gym floor areas.
- Please don’t visit the Fitness Centre if you are showing any signs of cold or flu, or are not feeling well.
Hygiene and cleaning
- We are scheduling 15-minutes between classes to allow members time to clean any equipment.
- A reminder to continue to practise good hygiene by frequently cleaning their hands. Hand washing should take at least 20 to 30 seconds. Wash the whole of each hand, covering all areas with soap before washing with water.
- The use of hand sanitiser is also recommended regularly.
- Frequently touched areas and surfaces will be regularly cleaned with wipes or disinfectant.
Sharks Fitness Centre open hours
View open hours updates here.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. We look forward to seeing you working on your health and fitness goals!