Sharks Fitness Centre COVID-Safe Guidelines
During this time, our members’ health, safety and well-being are very important to the team. To ensure our venue is operating in line with the stringent new government health department protocol, our team are focused on deep cleaning with hospital-grade sanitiser, and all staff have completed COVID-safe training to ensure a safe visit for all members.
*Bookings for all Group Fitness classes will still apply, please see the group fitness page for more information.
The Sauna is now available for use. Online bookings are essential – book now.
- Sauna is available during staffed hours only
- Maximum 1 person at a time allowed in the sauna, with a maximum time limit of 30 minutes
- Member must be sitting on a towel in the sauna at all times
- The sauna must be cleaned by the member after use, using the spray and paper towel provided. All surfaces must be wiped down
- All other sauna guidelines apply
- Contactless payments only, no cash to be accepted.
- Members to scan in their own card on arrival.
- No keys, wallets, sunglasses or other items are to be held behind the reception desk while the member is using the facility.
- Members will be required to sanitise their hands upon arrival.
- All equipment must be cleaned prior to and after use.
- A clean towel is a requirement of entering the gym. Consider bringing multiple towels if you are using multiple pieces of equipment.
- To ensure social distancing you will notice signage and floor markings to identify 1.5 metres distance between members for Group Fitness classes and gym floor areas.
- Please don’t visit the Fitness Centre if you are showing any signs of cold or flu, or are not feeling well.
Hygiene and cleaning
- We are scheduling 15-minutes between classes to allow members time to clean any equipment.
- A reminder to continue to practise good hygiene by frequently cleaning their hands. Hand washing should take at least 20 to 30 seconds. Wash the whole of each hand, covering all areas with soap before washing with water.
- The use of hand sanitiser is also recommended regularly.
- Frequently touched areas and surfaces will be regularly cleaned with wipes or disinfectant.
Sharks Fitness Centre open hours
View open hours updates here.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. We look forward to seeing you working on your health and fitness goals!