Kid-friendly and an adults-only (alcoholic) icy pole recipes
Most Australians have fond memories of enjoying a refreshingly cold icy pole during summer. We have prepared both a kid-friendly and an adults-only (alcoholic) recipe for you to enjoy this Australia Day.
KIDS STRAWBERRY & BANANA MILK ICY-POLES
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Combine all ingredients in a blender
- Blend until smooth
- Add to your icy pole moulds and add wooden sticks
- Leave in the freezer overnight
AUSSIE DAY BOOZE ICY POLES: *ADULTS ONLY!
- 2 cups of Pimms
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of ginger ale
- 2 lemons
- 2 blood oranges
- 2 limes
- 4 strawberries
- 1 cucumber
- Combine Pimms, sugar, ginger ale, 1 lemon, 1 blood orange, 1 lime, 2 strawberries and 1 cucumber in a blender.
- Slice remaining lemon, blood orange, lime and strawberries. Add small slices to the blended mixture.
- Pour into your icy pole moulds and add wooden sticks
- Freeze overnight
Tip: The more alcohol in your icy poles, the harder they are to freeze. Turn up your freezer or ensure more time to freeze longer.
Find out what Southport Sharks entertainment is on offer this Australia Day long weekend.